Cross Country Healthcare and Florida Atlantic University’s (FAU) Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing recently co-hosted the second installment in a series of webinars focusing on the impact of chronic exposure to COVID-19 patient environments on nurses and other healthcare workers. This episode, titled “Caring for Self: Nurturing Wholeness and Well-Being,” addressed the importance of well-being and adequate sleep when it comes to working in a stressful environment such as the ongoing pandemic. Panelists shared information about the many different types of stress the pandemic is causing, and techniques to nurture wholeness and well-being as a means to combat it.
Caring for Self: Nurturing Wholeness and Well-Being Webinar Agenda:
- Opening awareness exercise
- What does it mean to nurture wholeness and well-being?
- Caring for self vs self-care
- Compassion energy vs compassion satisfaction
- The impact of uncertainty on well-being
- Riding the “coronacoaster” of uncertainty
- The impact of uncertainty on sleep
- The importance of sleep on wholeness and well-being
- Identifying what is keeping you from sleeping well
- Creating your own sleep sanctuary
- Closing awareness exercise
If you were unable to attend the webinar, you are invited to watch a recorded version here. Please be sure to follow our social media channels for details on our upcoming webinars in this series as well as other media events as they are announced.